1. The fish that can breathe out of water.
2. It is used to catch turtles in India.
They are tied to a line, released into the sea.
when they attach themselves to a turtle, both are pulled in.
Name the fish.
3. They catch insects sitting on leaves.
The fish swims just below the insect.
Then it spits water straight up at the insect which falls
into the water.
4. They are born in freshwater rivers in Europe and North America.
After several years they move into the sea and grow
there for several years. Then they return to the same stream that they were born
in, to spawn.
5. The fish which is the most venomous found in the seas.
6. When threatened, this fish can inflate its body like a balloon.
7. The primitive fish found in the Western Indian Ocean.
It was thought to be extinct until a live one was
discovered in 1938.
8. The only vertebrate whose blood does not contain haemoglobin.
Ice fish Milkfish
9. If they are threatened,
they release a dark, inky cloud into the water
The black 'ink' was earlier used as sepia dye by artists.
The Cuttlefish The Mandarin fish
10. It has a flap of skin attached to a long spine on top of their head.
The flap looks like a piece of food and it
This acts like a bait and the fish snaps up
any fish which try to eat this 'food'.
Angler fish Hilsa
Score = Correct
answers given below:
Play & Win
Dimdima in Print