1. What is the First War of Indian Independence commonly called by the British?
Quit India Movement
None of the Above
2. Which of the following was not a reason for the uprising?
Lower salaries of the Indian Soldiers than that of the British soldiers.
The proclamation of Queen Victoria
Doctrine of Lapse.
Rumour that the cartridges which had to be bitten off before use, were coated with animal fat
3. In the capture of Delhi by the British forces, which Mughal king was captured and exiled to Burma?
4. Who was the Governor - General of India during this period? nbsp;
5. Who first redefined the 'sepoy mutiny' in his book which was banned even before it could be published?
6. When did the 1857 uprising begin ?
7. Who fired at a British officer in order to inspire his regiment into an open revolt at the Barrackpore cantonment at Meerut?
None of the above
8. Who protested against the British for not being allowed to adopt a successor?
Bahadur Shah Zafar
Lal Hanumant Singh
Raja Kunwar Singh
Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi
9. Who led a revolt in Bundelkhand alongwith Rani of Jhansi?
10. Which British company's rule ended after this uprising?
West India Company
South India Company
North India Company
East India Company
Correct answers given below: