2. Which Mughal emperor built it and
how many years did it take to complete?
Jehangir - 18 years
Shah Jahan - 22 years
3. In whose memory was it built?
Mumtaz Mahal, his wife
Jahanara, his mother
4. Name the main architect of the Taj Mahal.
Ustad Ahmad Lahori
5. What is the style followed in the layout of the gardens called?
The Persian Char Bagh style
German Gothic Style
What is this type of building called?
7. What kind of trees line the pathway to the Taj?
8. From whom did the emperor buy land to build the Taj?
Raja Jai Singh
9. What do the four water-channels in the garden signify?
The four elements
The four rivers of the Islamic paradise
10. What unique government rule applies to the monument?
No aircraft is allowed to fly over the Taj Mahal
No one can smoke in its vicinity
The Bibi ka Maqbara built by Aurangzeb in Daulatabad, Maharashtra is an imitation of the Taj
Correct answers given below: