Online Children's Magazine from India
TOPIC: Largest Flower
akshaya asked: Which is the largest flower ?
- Ahmad Salman:- [ 10/29/2006 ] The largest flower of the world is the Titan.
- jack:- [ 11/5/2006 ] Rafflesia
- Pranav Agrawal:- [ 11/14/2006 ] Raffesia is the largest flower.
- vishal:- [ 11/18/2006 ] Sunflower
- renu:- [ 11/20/2006 ] Rafflesia
- RISHAB:- [ 11/21/2006 ] Rafflesia
- snehal dhawale:- [ 11/21/2006 ] The largest flower in the world is Rafflesia.!!!!
- Nitish Kulkarni:- [ 11/24/2006 ] The Rafflesia arnoldii.
- tejal pradhan:- [ 12/1/2006 ] The world's largest flower is rafflesia.The thickness of it's petals is 1 cm. It smells like a rotten meat. It is atleast 1 m big.
- tejal pradhan:- [ 12/1/2006 ] The world's largest flower is rafflesia. The thickness of it's petals is 1 cm. It smells like a rotten meat. It is atleast 1 m big.
- shanu:- [ 12/6/2006 ] Rafflesia
- sarthak mishra:- [ 12/13/2006 ] Raflessia
- Smruthi:- [ 1/4/2007 ] Rafflesia is the biggest flower on earth. It gives out a rotten kind of meat smell to make flies attract to it and pollinate it.
- krishna:- [ 1/14/2007 ] Rafflesia
- smruthi:- [ 2/24/2007 ] Rafflesia
- Sagar Honnungar:- [ 3/4/2007 ] Rafflesia!!
- divya:- [ 3/15/2007 ] Rafflesia
- Girija Shankar:- [ 5/2/2007 ] The world's largest flower is the Rafflesia arnoldii. This rare flower is found in the rainforests of Indonesia. It can grow to be 3 feet across and weigh up to 15 pounds! It is a parasitic plant, with no visible leaves, roots, or stem. It attaches itself to a host plant to obtain water and nutrients. When in bloom, the Rafflesia emits a repulsive odor, similar to that of rotting meat. This odor attracts insects that pollinate the plant.
Your answer will be published only after clearance from our Editorial Team.
Get Help or Give Help.
- Do you have a Science Question?
- Post it here and get the answer.
- Some questions posted by others are not yet answered.
- View those questions and answer them.
Do you have a Science Question?...
How about posting it and Get the Answer?
Only Sscience-related questions should be asked.
The question will be posted only after clearance from our Editorial Team.
The question will be answered by other viewers.
Dimdima is the Sanskrit word for ‘drumbeat’. In olden days, victory in battle was heralded by the beat of drums or any important news to be conveyed to the people used to be accompanied with drumbeats.
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
K. M Munshi Marg,
Chowpatty, Mumbai - 400 007
email : email@example.com
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
505, Sane Guruji Marg,
Tardeo, Mumbai - 400 034
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dimdima.com, the Children's Website of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan launched in 2000 and came out with a Printed version of Dimdima Magazine in 2004. At present the Printed Version have more than 35,000 subscribers from India and Abroad.