- A young potted plant
- A chart as shown
Instruction to the teachers
|Height of Plant
- Fix the chart on the wall as shown.
- Choose a particular day, letís say Monday.
- Place the pot against the first column (i.e. 1st week)†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
- Ask one of the children to mark the height of the plant on the chart.
- Repeat this activity on the same day of the week,
i.e. Monday, for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Then, initiate a discussion by asking questions of the following type:
i) On which day of the week are the readings being taken everytime?
ii) How many days did we have to wait to mark the height each time?
iii) What change do you observe in the height of the plants each week?
iv) What is your conclusion?
- Help them conclude that living things grow.†††††††††††††