· Leopard has rosette-shaped spots. Cheetah has solid round, or oval, spots.
· Leopard has no "tear" line. Cheetah has a black "tear" line running from the inside of the eye to the mouth.
· Leopard is bulkier and stronger. Cheetah is lighter, but taller, than leopard.
· Leopard has a familiar "cat" shape. Cheetah is lankier than a cat.
· Leopard hunts at night. Cheetah hunts during the day.
· Leopard likes to drag prey up trees. Cheetah prefers grassy plains.
· Leopard relies on stealth. Cheetah relies on speed (up to 115 km/hr) over short distances. It is the world's fastest animal.
· Leopard has strong teeth and jaws and can crunch through thick bones. Cheetah has smaller teeth and jaws, leaving a larger nasal cavity for rapid breathing.