* A game shall be played between 2 teams of not more than 16 players each, but not more than 11 players of each team shall be on the field at the same time. Each team is permitted to substitute from the maximum of 16 players.
* no limit to the number of players who may be substituted at the same time nor to the number of times any player may substitute or be substituted.
* substitution of a player may be made only after a player from the same team has left the field.
* time shall not be stopped for substitutions except for goalkeepers.
* substitutes shall not be permitted for suspended players during their suspension.
* after completing a suspension, a player may be substituted without first returning to the field.
* players leaving or entering the field shall do so at the centre-line or such other place on the side of the field decided by the umpires before the game.
Each team must have one goalkeeper on the field
* an incapacitated or suspended goalkeeper shall be replaced immediately by another goalkeeper.
* where no substitute goalkeeper is available, the field player replacing the goalkeeper must wear protective headgear and a shirt of a colour different from those of either team and shall be permitted to put on, without time-wasting, other protective equipment.
* during the suspension of a goalkeeper, the team must have one less player on the field.
During play only players and umpires may be on the field unless authorized by the umpire.